top of page
Applying for U.S. Visas for a KEF USA Program
You will need a U.S. visa to participate in a KEF USA program if you do not have American citizenship or do not have citizenship from any of the 39 countries participating in the U.S. Visa Waiver program.

Entering the United States

A visa allows a foreign citizen to travel to a U.S. port-of-entry (generally an airport) and request permission to enter the United States. A visa does not guarantee entry into the United States. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials at the port-of-entry have authority to permit or deny admission to the United States.

Which visa you need is determined by the length of your KEF program. Normally, 1-3 month long programs require either a B2 visa or an F-1 visa. Programs longer that 3 months require an F1.

Important Notice

Currently, you are able to apply for an F1 visa for any English program we offer. The F1 visa falls under the category of emergency travel, which means that even if your country is on the list of restricted travel to the USA, you will be able to enter the country with a student visa.

Visa Renewal

Whether applying for the first time or renewing your visa, you will use the same application process.
General Steps To Apply For An F-1 or B-2 Visas With KEF USA

Once you've decided which KEF program you want to apply to and have reviewed all the requirements (age, vaccination etc.), please contact us to confirm availability.


Ensure your passport is valid for at least 6 months after the last date of your KEF program in order to start your visa application process.

If you do not have a passport, contact your local passport agency and find out how long are current processing times for new passports. Consider how long it will take to receive your new passport and visa and decide if you have enough time before the start date of your KEF program.   


Send an email to with a scanned copy of the photo page of your passport. Put on the subject line your full name and country of citizenship.

  1. your full name
  2. date of birth 
  3. country of citizenship
Please wait for our response with the next steps to follow.
bottom of page